For children in Kindergarten to Year 6, our Junior School is a wonderful place to learn, play and grow.
Your child will start an amazing journey of discovery and growth, finding their place in the world. It’s about forming connections, experiencing the adventure of learning and establishing a strong foundation for future schooling.
- Kindergarten to Year 6.
- Classes organised into Stages.
- Strategies to allow for differentiated learning.
- Unique Learning for Hope Framework that deepens student learning.
- Curriculum based on the NSW Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards Key Learning Areas.
- Specialist staff: Italian, PE, Health, Music and Library.
Why choose Junior School?
- Prep to Year 12 – your child can complete their entire learning adventure on one campus.
- More space with plenty of room for children to explore and play.
- Better options with an abundance of co-curricular opportunities.
- Outstanding teachers who take the time to discover the unique needs of your child.
- Educational professionals who are committed to excellence.
- Service learning – your child can live the Christian faith and understand their place in the world.
- Warm, inclusive Christian community. We team up with parents to ensure the best outcomes for students.
- Before and After School care available on site.
Our Junior School is streamed with Stage Classes that provide opportunities for children to learn and socialise with classmates of different ages. This model better reflects life after school and allows for peer mentoring and assistance during class activities – developing confidence, social skills and leadership qualities.
The curriculum follows the NESA Primary curriculum and includes specialist subjects: Music, PE and Italian. As part of our Learning for Hope Curriculum Framework classroom learning is based on a central unit of inquiry that integrates a number of the Key Learning Areas. To cater to the needs of individual students, strategies are employed to enable differentiated learning. Your child may have the opportunity to work with targeted groups to suit their level of progress, particularly in literacy and numeracy.
Key Learning Areas
- Creative Arts
- Personal Development
- Science and Technology
The Adventure of Learning
In the Junior School, your child will start an amazing journey of discovery and growth. This is where the adventure of learning comes to life. Your child will develop the skills to learn, have the chance to explore an abundance of opportunities and develop a sense of belonging that will allow them to be bold and curious in their pursuit of deeper learning. Within the context of our inclusive, Christian community your child will also start to understand their place in the world and how they can serve others. It’s about the journey, not the destination.
What are Stage Classes?
Stage classes are primary classes with one class teacher and a blend of students from two year groups. It’s a common way for schools in NSW to group students. Each stage typically has three to five classes with a mix of age, gender and ability. Staged classes are a more flexible model, designed to be parallel, with no ‘top’ or ‘bottom’ class, but a balance of age, academic ability and social development.
Stage 1 > Years 1 and 2
Stage 2 > Years 3 and 4
Stage 3 > Years 5 and 6
The learning possibilities at our Junior School are unparalleled in the Illawarra region. We simply have better options for students to explore opportunity. Our range of exciting co-curricular programs allow students to discover a range of interests including: service learning and charity, sport, music and creative and performing arts. In addition, a range of clubs and activities are available:
- Chess Club
- Community Garden
- Crusader Union of Australia (CRU)
- Debating and Public Speaking
- Da Vinci Decathlon
- Diverse learning programs
- Lego Lunch
- Library lunch activities
- Science Club.